Welcome to the FAQ for couriers. This section contains any information you need to know about completing deliveries through findmycourier and the general uses of our service.
If you are a user view the correct FAQ here
» How do I get an account with findmycourier.com?
Getting an account with findmycourier.com is always free and really easy. Simply register here, confirm your email address using the instructions provided and you're ready to go. Once registered you will have access to your own members area, as well as being able to track all your activity.
» What information do you need and why?
We take several pieces of information from each of our couriers. These are your contact, business and payment details which we take to get in touch with you, inform our users about you and to allow customers to make payments to you. In addition to this you have the option of sending us a copy of your insurace details. This will never be passed on to users, and is used to:
- Verify your name and adddress;
- Give us an idea that you are likely insured and;
- Allow us to show a verified logo next to your name when leaving quotes so customers can feel safer choosing your delivery quote.
» How much does it cost to use find my courier?
findmycourier does not charge a membership fee to any of our users. You only pay us when you receive paid work on the website. We believe that prices should be fair and open so we have devised a simple, fixed fee structure to let you know exactly how much you're paying each time and you can view these prices here.
» Is using findmycourier safe?
This is one of the biggest concerns for our users and for findmycourier. We use several measures to increase the safety of your goods and provide our users with the information they need to pick the safest courier. These are:
- Our couriers are encouraged to send us their insurance information in return for a 'verified' icon next to their name. Whilst this is not a bullet-proof method, it does give us a good idea that they are legitimate, as well as providing a printed address. It also is most likely that they have the relevant insurances to complete deliveries. We always recommend that you send us your insurance cover note.
- We want to be involved if something does not go to plan. You should always contact us if you can.
- In the case that something does not go to plan, we try to contact all users involved and take appropriate action to ensure the problem does not occur again.
» What do I do if something goes wrong?
If something goes seriously wrong with your delivery or the service around it (ie. You cannot complete the delivery) you should always contact your customer first, if this is not possible you should contact us and let us know. This way we can investigate and ensure it does not happen again.
» How does feeback work?
After you have delivered an item through findmycourier your customer will have a chance to leave feedback on how the delivery was for them. We collect several pieces of information from your customer starting with whether their overall experience was positive, neutral or negative as well as a quick comment. This calculates your feedback score. Secondly we ask your customer for a rating on your communication, timekeeping and overall service on a 5 star scale. All of this information will be visible on your profile for potential customers to see.
» How do I pay/get paid?
When customers accept your quote they pay a deposit to findmycourier to secure this delivery. This deposit will act as your fee payment to findmycourier which saves you having to make payments to us for every delivery. It is then your responsibility to collect they remainder of the balance from your customer.
If you have chosen to accept PayPal full payments and verified your PayPal email address, customers will be able to pay the entire amount for the delivery directly into your PayPal account. This way you don't have to worry about collecting the payment on arrival.
If you accept this payment method, our system will automatically invoice you the amount due in our fees at the end of each week which you must pay within the specified time period.